There are many different modalities of meditation. Mindfulness Meditation comes from the Buddhist tradition, however you do not have to be a Buddhist to benefit from being present (this is not a religious practice). In this 4 hour workshop, you will learn and explore the Zen Mindfulness Meditation practice as it relates to the Washington, DC area clients. Washington, DC has many traveling from all around the world; different jobs, backgrounds and experiences. We will discuss ways to instruct groups that is inclusive and accessible to all.
Price: $200 | Early Bird Pricing: $175, through 04/13/19
About this teacher training:
Mindfulness meditation is an ancient practice for cultivating self-knowledge within our own internal healing. Rather than manipulating our experience, mindfulness is about cultivating an unbiased mind that is open and can fully be with the right now; whatever life’s current conditions. Mindfulness meditation involves various techniques to help develop our innate qualities of stability, clarity and strength. Carefully instructed, you may experience greater awareness. Mindfulness Meditation allows us to be with our thoughts and experience the bigger picture of right now; which many find helpful. This practice allows us to pause our instant reaction and have clearer thoughts to respond rather than react. It is a simple yet effective technique.
This course is open to:
- those who have never meditated before
- meditators who would like to deepen or refresh their practice
- teachers who want to instruct meditation in a group such as in a yoga class, meditation center, in a school, retirement center or religious community
- experienced meditation teachers who want to instruct in private or corporate offices space; either as a meditation class or as a way to conduct other care services
This class is recommended for Yoga students, Yoga Teachers, social workers, school teachers, care workers, leaders in any profession.
What to expect:
- dharma talks
- short meditation sessions
- small group activities, movement, stretching and walking
- share experiences and interact with questions
- introduction on instructing mindfulness mediation
- develop skills for leading classes and guiding students in the DC area
- safety: contradictions and who this practice may not be suited
- receive ongoing mentorship (from recharj and Paige Lichens)
- discuss the energy, mood and tone of environments; how to set the tone and boundaries before, during and after meditation
*Continuing education credit will be awarded to those registered with yoga alliance.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: