Seven Steps for Mastering Meditation
Price: $750 | Or, 3 monthly payments of $275
Sign up for one of our information sessions to learn more about this training!
Sunday, August 18, 5-6pm >> | Sunday, September 8, 5-6pm >>
About this teacher training:
Those registered with Yoga Alliance will be eligible to receive CE hours.
Meet Your Instructor, Michael Hess and learn more about The Discovering Mind Meditation Teacher Training Program!
Westerners face a unique set of obstacles when walking the path of meditation. Our fast‐paced, high‐pressure lifestyle carries over into the way we approach meditation practice, and we often have difficulty achieving genuine relaxation of body and mind. Deep, sustained relaxation is not only the basis for mental and physical health and well-being, but the foundation for spiritual awakening.
The Discovering Mind Meditation Teacher Training Program is a comprehensive, educational and practice-based curriculum for both aspiring meditation instructors and practitioners at all levels of experience who are seeking in-depth instruction on the art and science of discovering the mind.
The Discovering Mind program was developed from Dza Kilung Rinpoche’s book, The Relaxed Mind and presents a seven‐step approach to meditation practice designed to counteract the overwhelming distractions of western culture. Participants will learn the most effective methods to develop authentic calm, clarity, and wisdom; and to achieve deep, sustained states of relaxation. The course materials have been concisely and practically adapted from the meditation techniques of the most profound ancient Buddhist traditions, as well as modern secular evidenced-based approaches.
Experienced practitioners, as well as beginning meditators, will benefit from this opportunity to discover what is possible when we release tension on every level—from the physical body, to the heart, to the subtlest energies of the mind–and rest with stability in this natural condition.
- Learn conscious breathing to link body, energy and mind
- Explore postures and gazes appropriate for different body types and energy levels
- Practice calm abiding meditation with techniques that anchor the wandering mind
- Develop clarity, equanimity and non-conceptuality through the practice of insight meditation
- Cultivate the heart of compassion to radiate kindness and inspiration
- Relax into a deep sense of harmony with your innermost mind
- Transcend dualistic fixation to merge in union with the flow of existence
- Rest in a fully integrative experience of natural awareness